About the Metra Big Dog PR-V7PI
Installer-friendly power distribution and protection
The Big Dog PR-V7PI intelligent power distribution unit manages and protects large, multi-zone systems, whether it's for your business, your place of worship, or even an extensive custom-installed home audio/video system. Its seven filtered and surge-protected outlets safeguard your valuable A/V gear from voltage fluctuations, while delivering clean power for optimal performance. One USB Type-A port gives you convenient device charging.
App-based remote management and control
The PR-V7PI connects to your network via wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi. That lets you use Metra's MAVbase web and mobile app for remote monitoring and individual control of each of the unit's six switched AC outlets. The app tracks the remaining health of the replaceable surge module — rather than replacing the whole unit, you can simply swap in a new module when the remaining protection gets low.
Smart installation options
Flexible installation options include vertical and horizontal rack mounting and surface mounting, so you can put the PR-V7PI just about anywhere it needs to go. "Self-healing" functions for network-connected equipment automatically reset power going to the outlet. Installers save time by monitoring remotely and adjusting settings as problems arise, lessening the chance of service calls.
- total of 7 filtered and surge-protected AC outletsuses Ethernet or Wi-Fi network connectivity for flexible remote management
- one always-on loop outlet for daisy-chaining units
- 6 switched outlets, individually controlled with the MAVbase web and mobile app
- one 2.4A/5V USB Type-A charging port on front panel
- LED indicators give you "at a glance" monitoring of your ground, power, network, outlet status, voltage, loop out, and surge module
- track when a surge event happens and the remaining health of the surge protection with the Surge Mileage feature
- 2040-joule surge protection, with replaceable surge module
- built-in "self-healing" functions for network-connected equipment automatically reset power going to the outlet
- RS-232 serial connections for 3rd-party control systems, including Control4 and Crestron
- 6-foot power cord
- 15-amp circuit breaker
- flexible mounting options: 1U rack mount, vertical or horizontal installation, and surface installation
- warranty: 5 years main unit, 90 days replaceable surge module
- connected equipment limited warranty: Ethereal Home Theater will at its option, pay the fair market value of, repair, or replace, any home entertainment equipment which is damaged by a transient surge while properly connected through the surge suppressor to a properly wired and grounded AC power line.
- MFR # PR-V7PI